Welcome to the newest release of the Banger Racing Total Conversion for Carmageddon2. Banger Racing is by far the best and most famous TC for Carma2, and we're very proud to have it here.
This TC was made entirely by Freddy, so mad props must go out to this amazing fellow who brought us all the joy of banger racing.
Improvements in Version3 include: 2 new tracks, most addon cars included, new cars and skins, loads of gameplay fixes, all cockpit views have been fixed.. It's truly a worthy download.
1. You need Winace and Winzip
(you can get them from WinAce.com and WinZip.com).
2. Download ALL of the ace files and place them in the same folder.
3. Double click on the 'bangertcV3.ace' file and select 'extract to' from the file menu.
Extract to any folder, it does not matter at this point.
You should now have a 'Banger Racing V3.zip' file.
4. Install/Reinstall Carmageddon2.
5. look in the 'Carma2' folder and delete the 'data.twt' file.
6. rename the 'data' folder to 'data2'.
7. Extract the 'Banger Racing V3.zip' into the 'Carma2' folder,
you should now have a new 'data' folder.
8. Copy the 'Sound' folder from the 'data2' folder into the new 'data' folder.
9. double click on the 'carma2.exe' file to run game.
This was explained as clearly as it possibly could have been. So any e-mails asking 'how do I install it?' will be sent straight to the e-mail eating monster. Dig?
On to the download: All the files together sum up to around 52 megabytes. To make things easier on you modem users, we have it split up in quite a bunch of 3.41 meg files. When you've got em all, just install the TC, and knock yourself out.
The files: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16 Please note that if you are having 404 errors while trying to download, the server is probably overloaded. Please try again an hour later or so. Everything should be allright. We're gonna try and find a few more mirrors to make downloading easier and less painfull. Thanks for your understanding. In the meanwhile, you can also use the mirrors provided below.
For more information on this TC, you can allways check Freddy's home on the web - Seduction Of Destruction - and if Freddy can be arsed to update it, maybe even new addon cars for this amazing TC.
Further credits can be found in the Readme.txt included in the TC. Thanks to all of you who contributed, you know who you are.